Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Time to Sell :(

drsantos

Corvette
1981 Charcoal met, 4-speed
:cry I have an offer of $8500.00 for my 1981 (new paint)Charcoal gray, new interior, 4 Speed, with 104K miles, all origional with exception of the exhaust true dual with flowmasters. Is 8$8500.00 too low??

Depends.

How long have you been trying to sell?

Does the buyer have cash?

What condition (honestly) is the car in?

Just my opinion - I know others will disagree - but I think the later C3s are less desireable. Values go down as they get younger, all other things being equal.

$8.5k doesn't sound generous but as with anything, it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay.

Hey that's a pretty neat tool. I like what I'm seeing on that list. Just wondering how it fairs against the current market. I just bought a 78 Pace car this past weekend for 9,500 and it comes out to 15K on this list in the driver range. Mine has 27K miles and needs touch ups.

Scott

Aprlsvet said:
Hey that's a pretty neat tool. I like what I'm seeing on that list. Just wondering how it fairs against the current market. I just bought a 78 Pace car this past weekend for 9,500 and it comes out to 15K on this list in the driver range. Mine has 27K miles and needs touch ups.

The tool seems to be missing a few key elements. Either that or I'm missing something.

I just put the specs in for my car and it came back at $21,400. I've seen similar cars sell for nearly twice that since the LT-1/Air combo is so rare. With the full set of docs I've got I know I wouldn't sell for anywhere near $21,400. . .

It's an interesting exercise, but I wouldn't count on the prices. Comps are where it's at.

The calculator seemed about right for me. But what it comes down to...a car is worth what a person is willing to buy it for. Demand

I'm not enitely certain but I seem to recall factory charcoal gray is a rare color. The 4 speed is also rare and desireable. I think $8500 is low. Easy way to find out. Try Ebay with a reserve. I would say $11,000 to $12,500.

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom