Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tinted top!!

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

Being that l have a Torch Red 96, it came with a brown smoked tinted roof. That might sound ok but it throws off the lines of the car.

It would look better with a solid red top rather then the tinted roof.

Should l sell mine and then buy a solid red roof or should l keep the tinted roof and buy a solid red top.

If l decided to keep my 96, l would paint a white stripe like the Ford GT ($139,000) plus dealers vig.

Thanks

Alan

No No No, not like a FORD GT, yuk :puke

Your supposed to say like a GS :upthumbs

Mart said:
No No No, not like a FORD GT, yuk :puke

Your supposed to say like a GS :upthumbs
Amen:D .

It depends if you really don't like it, then sell it and off set the cost of getting a solid red one.

Justin

you should have no trouble finding a torch red roof... they made many torch red corvettes (93-96) so a corvette junk yard (or ebay) should have one.

I hear ya on the tinted roof making the car look a bit funny... I do like the 2 different looks the car can have though.... I prefer the painted look, but the glass roof look is definitely a nice change for a few months out of the year... keeps the car 'fresh' for me.

Keep the see-through for wintery weather. Solar heat is great. Get a red top or paint a different color for the option of either one. A decent clear top is $500, or a new one for $1299.

The solid top has the fabric headliner and is a little bit quieter, but takes away an inch or two headroom. Why choose when you can have both?

I don't have the cajones to paint a white GS stripe on my torch red '96. I know it would look fandamtastic. Static cling version?

The first thing l'm going to do is make up my mind about selling my C4 and moving up to a C5. My 96 has not cost me a penny except oil, lube and replacing a horn. I did not add up the cleaning materials because it was pleasure.

The rear of the C5 is a lot larger then the C4, and my dog would be more comfortable.

The static cling idea for the racing stripe is a neat idea!

I also checked out the site with the $250 and up solid tops and it's located upstate New York. To me it is too far to scope out a top that one person says is in excellent condition when it's only ok.

Thanks

Alan

Tough problem!

Hi Warren

That is going to be tough, my neighbor has a C5 6spd conv, he will let me drive it but being a 6 spd and conv the ride will be different.

The thing that worries me is that the first time l drove in it, l wasn't overly thrilled. Everything about it was really different. It might seem dumb, but it felt heavier and longer and wider.

I'm 5 7" and weigh 145 lbs so space is not the problem.

What l would really like is a Lt-4 engine or even better a GS. The GS would probably be more expensive then the C5 up to model year 2000, or even 2001.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom