Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Tire Age for Replacement

emorsez06

Corvette
2007 Velocity Yellow Z06
I have a 2007 Z06 with Michelin Pilot Sport (ZP) tires production dated 2009. Car mileage is 20,000 total and garaged kept since 2012 but likely since first owner purchase. Good tire tread depth remains and no outward sign of sidewall cracks. My question: tires are 5 years old and subject to occasional hard mountain road driving. Should I be concerned about the safety and performance of the tires? If not at this time what is a good guideline for replacement other than the obvious tread depth. Thanks!

I have a 2007 Z06 with Michelin Pilot Sport (ZP) tires production dated 2009. Car mileage is 20,000 total and garaged kept since 2012 but likely since first owner purchase. Good tire tread depth remains and no outward sign of sidewall cracks. My question: tires are 5 years old and subject to occasional hard mountain road driving. Should I be concerned about the safety and performance of the tires? If not at this time what is a good guideline for replacement other than the obvious tread depth. Thanks!

7 years or 2/32" of tread depth anywhere on the tire is the general consensus. I change my tires at 3-4/32" of tread depth for rain channeling ability. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom