Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire and wheel sizes for 1967 convertible BB

G

Gerry

Hi, can anyone provide information on the widest wheel and tire sizes that can be used on a 1967 427 roadster? Thanks for any info provided.
Gerry

I've tracked posts on the subject on several forums... here's the biggest I've heard about:

225/50ZR17 (front) and 235/50zr17 (back) with Torque Thrust two's, 4" backspace on the front, 4 3/4" rear.

On the other hand:

Others reported using 225/65x15's and 215/70/R15's on stock 67 Rallye wheels without rubbing problems.

Several posters reported that 215/70x15's (in one case on a '66 with repro KO's) had caused cracking in the front fender lips after hitting bumps in tight turns (like into a driveway) so they went back to near-stock 205/75x15's.

Go figure.

Recommended for 6" rim:

205/75x 15 or 205/70x15... anything bigger and you need to be really, really careful about rim width and backspace, and hope you don't hit any bumps while in turns, or flare the fenders.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks a lot for the information, right now I have 245x60x15 on the back and 235x60x15 on the front using original bolt on Rallye wheels with no problems. I like the idea of trying the 17 inch wheels with a 45 series tire (gotta get the power down) and torquethrusts look good. I'll report the results after I try them. take care and thanks again.

Gerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom