Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Choices

raybee

Corvette
1981 Dark Bronze 4 Speed
Im looking to replace my tires this weekend(P255 60R15) - are my only options BFG Radial T/As and Coopers? If it makes any difference, I like to face the black side out...

The choices do seem to be dwindling. FWIW, I switched from Goodyear Eagle GTII's to BFG Radial T/A's a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. Great grip and they don't fall apart like the Goodyears always seemed to.

-Tatortot

There is a new offering in this size from Mickey Thompson in their new Sportsman S/T line. I haven't tried them yet but am thinking about it. My old Goodyear STs are just that, old.

They look period. They make both sizes for the L81; 255/60/15 and 225/70/15.

Mickey Thompson Tires

Tom

Price is about $134 per tire for the M/T's, which is comparable to the BFG's.

-Tatortot

That's pushing $600. mounted and balanced. Have you heard of anyone using the Coker reproductions of the original Good Years? I know they are really high priced. For me they would only be bought for a NCRS car that will be judged.

Tom

Yeesh, that is almost $600. I remember when I could get the GY GTII's for like $98, sometimes on sale in the $83 range.

Never even heard of the repro Coker's.

-Tatortot

Corvette Central has them in their catalog. Hold on to your wallet.

225/70/15

255/60/15

It doesn't say on the page but I'm pretty sure they are made by Coker but possibly Kelsey.

Tom

Yes it is but if your are going for judging points you need them. Personally, I don't need no stinking judging points. I like the looks of the Mickeys because the letter size and style is very close to the original Poly Steel Goodyear 225/70s on the wife's '81. I wonder what the black side looks like? Maybe if you emailed Summit they would take some pictures. I don't know what the black side of the T/As look like either.

Tom

I have some Dunlop Qualifier tires (switched from BF) I'm very happy with them as they have a normal tire pattern and not the off road pattern the BF's have.

Greetings Peter

Any comments about COOPER Cobra Radial GTs? They are around $115 a tire

I have Firestone's on the front of my Yvette... love them...
got them from tire rack

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Jon

So Ray, what did you buy? How do you like them?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom