Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Dressing Recommendation

Mr. Lucky

Corvette
2004 MY stroker Coupe
I did research this before posting, but most of the threads were two or more years old... so, trying again.

I've been using Castrol Super Clean Tire Gloss spray with great success, but can no longer find it. It is still made according to the company website, and they still list several chains that carry it, but none of them in my area do.

I'm looking for a replacement that is not silicone based, and has minimal "slinging." I don't care about high gloss or ease of application. Suggestions?

—Bob

Some water-based dressings include Armor All's regular stuff, Meguiar's #40, 303 Aerospace Protectant, and probably more. Most will give a nice matte clean look to tires but will not last very long when subjected to weather. :)

Believe it or not, I've regularly used Mop & Glo' floor wax on tires and some underhood/under-car plastic and metal parts - - it's not as high gloss as many of the tire foams or armor all, but leaves a nice, clean satin finish.

Not too "high-tech" . . .but it works for me !
Regards-

CQRT said:
Believe it or not, I've regularly used Mop & Glo' floor wax on tires
I love hearing about these creative solutions that I would never think to try on my own! :upthumbs

I'm currently experimenting with Stoner's "More Shine, Less Time" but will keep your idea in mind if it doesn't work out. Thanx!

I really like Eagle One and a sponge applicator. I also use it on my 4x4. Doesn’t last as long on it, but still looks good.

I use Black Magic tire gel. I like the gel better because you put it on a sponge and you dont get overspray all over the place.

Justin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom