Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire mileage

lov-n-life

Corvette
2004 Commemorative Coupe
Hey guys, once again the topic of tires comes up, but I didn't find quite what I was looking for with searches. I have an '04 coupe I just passed 16,xxx miles with and I'm already seeing significant treadwear and the stock Goodyears are getting to be quite loud. My question is, what kind of mileage are you fellow C5ers getting out of the stock tires and what tire pressures are you running. I have the performace suspension, and I do play with the car on occasion, however I don't think I've been pushing the car often enough or hard enough to be this close to needing tires already! In the past, dad talked about how much mileage he got out of his tires on his '93 when other people were getting horrible mileage out of their vettes... somewhere in the neighborhood of 30,000 miles out his tires where others were getting only 15,000-20,000 at best.

Along this same topic, what is the consensus on replacement tires? Stock, upgrading to F1 Supercar tires (Z06 stock), other brands, other run flats/non-run flats? Thanks for the thoughts!

have about 22000 miles on my 2001 Z06 - looking to put new pavement grabbers on

I got 24,000 on my stock Z06 tires. I did some "spirited" driving, but used drag radials at the strip. The worst wear was on the front inside, because of negative camber. I think it all depends on how you drive. I have been autocrossing lately, and that is VERY hard on tires.

Our 03 AE with MagRide just rolled over 29K on the original F1 GS EMT's. They are not showing any of the wear bars yet but it's getting close. I plan to replace them before the year is out. They are getting loud though.

I've been hoping that GY would come out with the new F1 GS2 EMT in the C5 sizes so I could give that a try. In the event that GY does not come through, I'm probably going with the Michelin PS AS ZPs.

I'v got 24,000 mi. on my stock tires,and thay'll last till I put it away for winter!! But I alinged it my self after no one could make it Drive right!!:upthumbs gmjunkie!!

i have 01 with 40k ,just changed to the gy fi d-3 .just a few miles and realy like the tire suppose to be get in rain, great on dry and noise is gone. can hear the wind on the convert top. never haeard that before. again only a few miles but wish i switch sooner.. tire rack was also great

I ve just replaced mine yesterday!I got 11,500 on F1 supercar tires which came stock on my c6 because I have the Z51 package.The back (19inch)looked like a baby's ass,and the front (18inch)still had some tread left!I replaced them with DS2 runflats instead of the supercar, because the treadwear is rated at 300 compared to the ones I'm replacing!(220) I'm hopeing to get more out of these!!I got a really good deal from TireRack ($341 for the back and $285 for the fronts)Just be careful who mounts them,the place that was recommened to me sratched the **** out of my wheels and had a hard time getting the tires to bead! (5 hours) soap,then oil ,and then lithium grease ,what a mess!)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom