Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Torx Bolts Discontinued

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Unfortunately, I found a missing fan shroud bolt on my ZR-1 (typical), so I went to a local Chevy dealer to pick up a couple as well as some torx bolts that connect the plastic wheel wells to the underside of the hood. I was able to purchase the shroud bolts, but much to my dismay, I found out that the torx bolts have been discontinued by GM. The part number I was given is 12338098. Can anyone confirm?

I don't know about anyone else, but these bolts are always loosening up and falling off. :(

Rob, that sucks. Why would they actually discontinue a bolt:confused: Maybe try NAPA. They usually carry misc. odd & end parts like that.

Jay

• Admin
I need to make a correction about these torx bolts. I don't know if the part number changed or not, but I happened to have some in my personal Vette Parts Stash ;) that I found. The correct part number for the torx bolts that I needed is #11508762. I don't know if they were discontinued or not as I don't know what the other part number belongs to that the dealer gave me.

Rob,

Try some Locktite, they make different strengths so be sure not to get the stuff that takes an explosion to remove. A small drop on the threads should do the trick for you.

• Admin
Thanks Scott. That's a good idea that I hadn't thought of. I've got a bunch of loctite kicking around.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom