Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Totalled my 96 coupe

DAVZKAR

Corvette
91 BLACK ZR1 , 96 WHITE LT1 COUPE
I totalled my 96 coupe Saturday night. It broke my heart to loose the car like that. It was just one of those freak things that can happen before you know what hits you. It was my first vette and I really loved it because it was my first vette and my daily driver. I can say though that because they are well built I walked away with a brused face and a black eye. But no car can come out a winner against a large tree.:eek:hnoes

Yes I was real lucky. I will try to post some pictures later.

Glad you are OK. I saw a C4 Vert on a rollback this afternoon. Looked like it had rearended something. What was left looked like it had been a nice car.

Sad to hear about your Vette - glad to hear you're okay!

Jane Ann

Wow, I'm glad that you came away with minor injuries. I know I would've soiled my pants had that happened to me.

Daaaaaaaaayum!!!! Glad to see you're still with us. Well, I know it hurts, but you can get another Vette--can't get another you!

I totalled my 96 coupe Saturday night. It broke my heart to loose the car like that. It was just one of those freak things that can happen before you know what hits you. It was my first vette and I really loved it because it was my first vette and my daily driver. I can say though that because they are well built I walked away with a brused face and a black eye. But no car can come out a winner against a large tree.:eek:hnoes

I can really feel your pain, same thing happened to me. Had a 91 red on red roadster with red hard top. Car was close to being perfect, even though it was a daily driver in the spring-summer-fall. Took the hard top off on memorial day 05, drove it to Colorado Springs to my nephew's graduation from the AFA, and had a ball with the top down on the way home (one of the routes to be driven in CruiseFest07). Two days later, early in the morning around 4 am, a deer decides he wants a close up of the front end of the car. Nicked the deer, but the car went into a 360 spin at 55mph. Missed the center concrete lane divider (4 lane highway) on the first spin, but not the next two. When I came to a stop, pulled over to the side of the hiway, and thought I was going to have to pull my colt 45 and put it out of its misery. But she made to my office, and then to the repair shop on her own. I was really distraught. Was in Chicago the next week and called the repair shop. They answered, "about your totalled corvette" and my worse fears were realized. USAA Insurance gave me top $ for the car.

Like you, I was physically fine, in fact, no injury at all. But mentally, I was a wreck. Never lost a vette before (and never a car for that matter) even though, within 1/2 mile of the corvette spinout, I had hit a deer head on in my blazer. Okay in that one too. The only remedy for the mental anguish was to buy another vette. Two months later, had my 2002 C5 red coupe. My wife and I love it completely. But that's not the end of the story. As much as we loved the C5, I could not get the C4 out of my thoughts. Told my wife if I ever found the exact C4 that I wanted, (94-96 roadster) I was going to buy it. She agreed and supported the idea (she's the bookkeeper in the family). On a thursday in Feb 06, there it was in Used Corvettes For Sale internet site. Called Friday morning, purchased it immediately. Picked it up two weeks later. This 94 red on red with red hardtop replaced my feelings for the lost C4 as it is a better car than the 91. Now the pain has gone away because of the 94. I love the C5 and the C4 and agree with the comments in the C4 thread in the forum about how it really "grabs" you. The cockpit of the C5 is like a Star Ship command center, while the C4's is like a Star Fighter.

Bottom line, glad that you are okay and thankful that our vettes gave their lives to protect us. My suggestion is to purchase another vette as soon as possible, but be very picky to get the replacement. And if you get a C4, and it is the right car, your pain will go away and be replaced with total joy.

Take care my friend, and have fun looking for the replacement. I did.

Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom