Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

touch up paint

mcditalia

Corvette
1966 convertible, 327 L79
Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to touch up my car paint? I've tried ordering a touch up bottle with Paragon and it isn't even close. I suspect that most other Corvette suppliers will have the same products.

I tried soliciting body shops near my area but they won't get involved with mixing such a small amount. I tried going online and searching PPG paints, but didn't have any luck so far. The only place I found was carpaintonline.com that has a 2oz touch bottle in laquer and I have clearcoat.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to touch up my car paint? I've tried ordering a touch up bottle with Paragon and it isn't even close. I suspect that most other Corvette suppliers will have the same products.

I tried soliciting body shops near my area but they won't get involved with mixing such a small amount. I tried going online and searching PPG paints, but didn't have any luck so far. The only place I found was carpaintonline.com that has a 2oz touch bottle in laquer and I have clearcoat.

Here are two I've used with success:

www.paintscratch.com

Custom Car Colors, LLC
(248) 363-0288

:beer

Thanks John,

I'll give them a shot a see what their shade of trophy blue looks like. Hope you didn't get hit with as much snow as we got in nj. 36" a couple of weeks ago in 18 hours. Due to get more this Friday.

Mario

Thanks John,

I'll give them a shot a see what their shade of trophy blue looks like. Hope you didn't get hit with as much snow as we got in nj. 36" a couple of weeks ago in 18 hours. Due to get more this Friday.

Mario

No more snow........I had enough!
Blizzard02.jpg Blizzard01.jpg

I would also try a local auto body paint supply store.

I purchased a pint from a local paint store for less than $50 and had them match against the GM color code. In your case, you could also have them use Prophet paint matching.

Then, I loaded some of it in Dupli-Color touch up paint pen that I had cleaned out. Works great!

Good luck!

I know it is probably a pain to keep trying local body shops but eventually you may find someone who is willing to help you.
If they say they don't have the time - ask what is the minimum ammount of money they need.
A good body shop will use a special camera that will photograph/match you paint in the area you need. Remember, age, sun and time changes the color.

Roger

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom