Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! transmitter lost

DUPH

Corvette
z06
Hello
i need your help
i have lost one of the two transmitter of my Z06 2007

i Leaves in France and the price is very very expensive
could you give me adress to have one directly from States

sorry for my poor language

thanks a lot

Philippe from France

Hi Phillipe-

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Those transmitters are expensive whether they are bought here in the U.S. or over in France, in part because of the dumb idea which is keyless start, but, I digress....

I have a great parts source at Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown, Pennsylvania USA which may be able to sell you a transmitter and ship it to France.

Contact Stan Lorence at Tom Henry Chevy. His email address is stan@tomhenrychevy.com

HELLO

the US garage have answer that now GM forbidds to send spare parts in Europe... !!!

OK I bought a new transmitter in france for my Z06

I have try to turn the key 5 TIMES ( very quick) to have a signand to programm the transmitter but no result ( nothing on the computer)
do you know the general way to restarta complete reset of transmitters

and do you know if there is a difference between US model and European model for that

I remenber the situation: I have just on transmitter valid and a new one to programm

sorrey for my poor langage and i hope , you will undestand me

thanks a lot

Phil from France

This was posted on another forum in response to a similar question. It's for a 2009 but should work on 2008. Note that it's best to have your owner's manual there to reference. This information is in the owner's manualHere is the process from the OM for a 2009:programming with a RecognizedTransmitterA new transmitter can be programmed to the vehiclewhen there is one recognized transmitter. For vehiclessold in Canada, two recognized transmitters arerequired to program a new transmitter.1. The vehicle must be off.2. Both the recognized and new transmitters must bewith you.3. Insert the vehicle key into the key cylinder locatedabove the license plate.4. Open the hatch/trunk.5. Turn the key five times within five seconds.6. The DIC displays READY FOR FOB #2, 3 or 4.7. Place the new transmitter in the glove boxtransmitter pocket with the buttons facing thepassenger side.8. A beep sounds once programming in complete.The DIC displays READY FOR #3 or 4, orMAXIMUM NUMBER OF FOBS LEARNED.9. To program additional transmitters, repeat Step 7.Press Acc. on the ignition switch if programming iscomplete.10. Press K on each newly programmed transmitter tocomplete the process.I have not done this, but it worked for the OP on the other forum. As far as European vs. American, I have no idea. Sorry.If you don't have your owner's manual, you can download it from Chevrolet.com

You can also download your Owner's Manual right here on the CAC!

Go to:

Tech Center

Knowledgebase

Model Center

There is a pdf.

Just realized this is in English. Chevrolet.com might be a better choice!

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom