Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Trigger has been pulled, bought LT4

1996 LT4 Topic

froggy47

Corvette
Black 1996 LT4 Coupe/ 2004 Z06/Z16
OK,

It's done. Gotta get cashiers ck to seller Fri 4:30 in exchange for keys to Blk/Gray LT4. 48K miles. $18,000.

Now the questions start (my 1st Vette).

On inspection I noted both front Bilsteins leaking not total blown but 3 or 4 inch stain, really surprised me with 48K miles.

Replace with Bil's or suggestions? Do the back also, whether is needed or not?

This is not the adj suspension op, just regular.

Thanks.

Also needs mats. Suggestions?

A little leakage from the bilstein is normal, says so right there on the box. Give it a while and see if it actually pools on the bottom. If you do decide to replace, send them off for a rebuild. I like my f1 suspension.

Be careful of too much injector cleaner. The injector bodies surround the coiled wire with fuel to cool. Too much cleaner and the insulation deteriorates.

Learn to turn off the ABS upon entering car to prevent a hot takeoff into traffic to only find loss of traction with the Mack truck bearing down on you.

Clean the throttle body every ten thousand with 3m throttle body cleaner only. Carb cleaner strips the special coating.

Try not to turn too tightly so as to avoid wear and tear on positraction rear end.

And, personally, I never powershift. ZF transmission is around 6-7 thousand dollars.

Oh yeah....Have FUN!!! (and consider the hot cam).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom