Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary True 40th anniversary edition?

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

blockhead

Does a 93 Vette have to be the Ruby Red color to be considered a true 40th anniversary edition? Did the 40th anniversary edition come in a convertible? I have a 1993 Corvette convertible which I purchased About 6 months ago. It is triple black with a black interior. It has all the 40th anniversary logos and badges. The seller told me it was a 40th anniversary edition but I have since been told that the true ones were the ruby red ones. Is this true? I think I allready know the answer to my question but would like some more info on it! Still Love it either way!

Here is the technical answer from the 40th Registry...

Q. My friend has a Polo Green 1993 Corvette with the 40th Anniversary Logo on the leather head rests. Does this mean that this car is a 40th Anniversary car?
A. SURE. Since the Corvette was introduced to the world in 1953 all 1993 Corvettes are 40th anniversary cars. However, the RPO Z25 "Anniversary Package" was Chevy's way of producing a special car for the 40th Anniversary.

A true 40th is the Ruby. This was the designated official 40th anniversery car. It could be coupe or vert though. Others had the badges etc. but the true model was the ruby.

All 93 vetts were 40th anniversary cars. However, the 40th anniversary package RPO Z25 was a $1455 option which 6,749 were made . Total production was 15,898 were coupes and 5,692 were convertibles
Ruby3.jpg

Your tri-black '93 Vette is a 40th Anniversary car because it is a 1993 car marking the ro years since the '53 Vette was produce--it's just NOT the 40th Anniversary Edition RUBY RED. That's why they all '93s have 40th stitched in the headrests-if the interiors are leather. The Ruby Red 40th Anny Vettes have special badges, center caps and matching Ruby Red interiors.

40th Anniversary

Hey, if they had put stitching on the headrest of the 92 Corvette then you'd have a TRUE 39th Anniversary model corvette, or for that matter if they put stitching on the 91 Corvette.:W

Sorry for me any Corvette built in 1993 without Z25 is a Corvette built in the 40th model year of production (it says so on the headrest).
If the Z25 option was a little badge somewhere on the car you might have a case but anyone who has seen a Ruby knows immediately that it's a special option and a special car.

THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY Commemorative Corvette is the one with the Z25 Ruby option(Take note that Ruby is the GEM STONE for 40th wedding Anniversaries).
HOW HARD IS THIS:bash:bash

Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open !

Sorry for me any Corvette built in 1993 without Z25 is a Corvette built in the 40th model year of production (it says so on the headrest).
If the Z25 option was a little badge somewhere on the car you might have a case but anyone who has seen a Ruby knows immediately that it's a special option and a special car.

THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY Commemorative Corvette is the one with the Z25 Ruby option....

Kenmack... I think you're saying the same thing just in a different way. ;)

ALL 1993 Corvettes are considered 40th Anniversary Corvettes. 1993 Corvettes with the Z25 option are 40th Anniversary EDITION Corvettes. The Z25 badge you mention is stamped all over the Vette... it's the whole package so to speak. ;)

It's the same with the 50th anniversary model. All 2003 Corvettes are considered 50th anniversary Corvettes, but only the 2003 with RPO Z25 is considered "Appearance Package 50th Anniversary, Limited Edition".

And both the 1993 and 2003 are beautiful Corvettes too! :m

:wJane Ann

Your tri-black '93 Vette is a 40th Anniversary car because it is a 1993 car marking the years since the '53 Vette was produce--it's just NOT the 40th Anniversary Edition RUBY RED. That's why they all '93s have 40th stitched in the headrests-if the interiors are leather. The Ruby Red 40th Anny Vettes have special badges, center caps and matching Ruby Red interiors.
that's about as clear as it gets, all 93's are anni's but only the Ruby's are commemorative 40th anniversary edition's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom