Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"true twin exhaust system?"

sxyvet

Corvette
1991 ZO7 coupe, 6 speed,red on red w/most options!
hi there guys!
hope all is well with you all!
at the moment i have a set of full length tuned 1/3/4" diameter ,4 into1 pacemaker headers with high flow magna flow cat with magnaflow straight thru rear mufflers along with 2/1/2" mandrel bent pipes!
but the front y-pipe from the headers back goes into a single cat 3" then out back too dual pipes!
but i was wandering will i gain more power and a better deeper sound buy running a true twin single system all the way thru each side instead of twin into single back out to twin again?

i would also add a x-pipe section half way between system as well!

so i would be adding back two high flow cats one each side with a 2/1/2" mandrel bend pipe for each side would be better?

any advice would be really great!
thanks
glen
sxyvet
Australia

"Search" is your friend.... there's a TON of threads devoted to this topic (and an equal number of opinions) try "dual exhaust" or "true duals" in your search.

If you run an Xpipe is it still considered a "true dual exhaust" system?

The short answer is....

yes.

AdvancedAutoCC said:
"Search" is your friend.... there's a TON of threads devoted to this topic (and an equal number of opinions) try "dual exhaust" or "true duals" in your search.

hi there,
tried search,not much come up when i typed in twin exhausts!
so thats why i asked here!
thanks
glen

sxyvet said:
hi there guys!
hope all is well with you all!
at the moment i have a set of full length tuned 1/3/4" diameter ,4 into1 pacemaker headers with high flow magna flow cat with magnaflow straight thru rear mufflers along with 2/1/2" mandrel bent pipes!
but the front y-pipe from the headers back goes into a single cat 3" then out back too dual pipes!
but i was wandering will i gain more power and a better deeper sound buy running a true twin single system all the way thru each side instead of twin into single back out to twin again?

i would also add a x-pipe section half way between system as well!

so i would be adding back two high flow cats one each side with a 2/1/2" mandrel bend pipe for each side would be better?

any advice would be really great!
thanks
glen
sxyvet
Australia

In answer to your questions, yes... you'll get a deeper tone with true duals (we call 'em duals in the States, not twin, FYI). The X-pipe is a great idea (Magnaflow's Tru-X is highly recommended), and using mandrel bent sections is always superior to crush bent pipes (typical exhaust shop uses a crush bender). Using two cats instead of one common cat is a good idea. Some guys delete their cats, but that's a subject of controversy and up to the individual. So, to recap: Answers - Yes, good idea, yes. :)

Good luck to ya, mate!

thanks advancedautocc for the info!
i appreciate it very much!
will i gain any more power with this set up also?
cheers
glen
sxyvet
Australia

Yes, you will gain some hp with dual exhaust, two cats, and an X pipe.

Mike

thanks guys for the info!
i have booked her in at the exhaust center this monday to have it done!
cheers
glen
sxyvet
Australia

hi there guys,
well i got the new dual exhausts fitted to my 1991 vette!
all i can say is wow, what a improvment!
sounds deeper,crisper,more power all the way thur the gears!
the pace maker 1/3/4" long /tuned headers and bolted up to 2/1/2" stainless/mandrel bend pipes with two high flow performance cats which go into a x-pipe thru to two single pipes out too magnaflow straight thru rear mufflers with lt 1 tips!
i am so happy with the whole job!
cost me $800.00 aus dollrs for headers,$800.00 for cats,x-pipe and mandrel pipes and $500 for two magnaflow rear mufflers!
thanks for all your help and advice r.e the dual exhaust!
cheers
glen
sxyvet
Australia

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom