Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tuned Port Injection emblems...

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
Just thought about this...

Since I have swapped the L82's intake for TPI, should I leave the "L82" emblem on the fenders or get a hold of two "Tuned Port Injection" emblems? Technically, I still have the L82 motor... I just have a different fuel delivery method.

My thought is to place them on the fenders in the same manner as the '82 Corvette's "Crossfire Fuel Injection" emblem. I'd use a GM part- so it would look the same from a style perspective.

This is the emblem-

c5e0_1.JPG

I'd leave the "L82" emblem and add the TPI just below centered with the "L82" and just above the ridge/demark of the lower portion of the body ;)

Bud

I'd leave the "L82" emblem and add the TPI just below centered with the "L82" and just above the ridge/demark of the lower portion of the body ;)

Bud

Ooooohhhh I like that idea... I never thought of that- thanks Bud!

my 76 had the tuned port emblems on it when I bought it; a PO had put them on and forgot to put in the TPI or just never got around to it after he botched up the steering column; they are located on the bulge on the hood I'll try to get a picture of them if you want.

DSC03684.JPG

Bud

:upthumbs

SAVE THE :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom