Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Turbos back from Evergreen...

632C2

Corvette
1990 Callaway Aerobody
Last week I received the turbos back from Evergreen Turbo in Ocala, FL. I sent them in on April 13th because of oil in the compressor inlet and a lack of boost.

The main thing I want to say here is what a GREAT job Charlie at Evergreen did! I feel very fortunate that some of you recommended I send them to him. He is extremely knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

From what Charlie told me, as well as some checking around on my own, we are in trouble with our turbos. There is an extreme shortage of bearings for these turbos - I got the last set Charlie had. It seems the bearings have been discontinued and no one out there is making them. Charlie said that it might be possible to have some special made but it would be very expensive. I didn't ask what "very expensive" was.

According to Charlie, the changes he made should increase airflow and power. I haven't had a chance to get the car running yet but I hope to by next weekend. The car is still on the DynoJet so I plan on making a few runs to see what kind of difference I notice.

Steve

Always look forward to hearing more about your car Steve. Especially as mine is sitting in storage waiting for the new garage to go up. :cry By the way there was some mention of bigger turbos from Evergreen for the Callaways anymore news on this and also would be nice if anyone on forum has the part numbers for the turbo bearings so could check with local suppliers for any in stock. Have some concerns with as long as my car has been sitting around.

Thanks Ike

Ike, I can't imagine spending all that money on a Callaway and then just letting it sit.:D As far as the bigger turbos for the Callaway, Charlie at Evergreen now has all the part numbers to be able to duplicate my setup. If you decide to go this route, you will have to massage things a bit.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom