Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

two rubber curved down tubes dir above fuel pump what are they

dirtypants

Corvette
81 4spd Corvette Blue dark met
on 81, (with AC, pwr seat/windows/4 spd) looking down into engine bay passenger side, front below and right of where #2 cyl is and ..just aft of ac compressor..and above the fuel pump..are two small rubber tubes..one a bit smaller than the other..that curve sharply down toward chassis frame..what are they?
I see cracks at the bends..prob need to replace em..don't know what they are, where they go, what to "order" or get.
Should be getting better view and access when i do the exhaust manifold R&R..and by the way (i posted this in another thread) how the hell do you even get at the exhaust manifold bolts to R and R??
Thanks
Nick

on 81, (with AC, pwr seat/windows/4 spd) looking down into engine bay passenger side, front below and right of where #2 cyl is and ..just aft of ac compressor..and above the fuel pump..are two small rubber tubes..one a bit smaller than the other..that curve sharply down toward chassis frame..what are they?
I see cracks at the bends..prob need to replace em..don't know what they are, where they go, what to "order" or get.

Sounds to me like you're looking at the fuel supply and return lines.

fuel pump hoses

Sounds to me like you're looking at the fuel supply and return lines.
Yup thanks, got em, replaced em. If anyone goes to do it be prepared, gas keeps coming from the tank line..have a catchpan, a plug ready for the line..and no ignition sources anywhere (gas hot water pilot, operating a garage door opener, a friend walks in with a cig etc.
Nick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom