Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Two runarounds--totally ticked off

Greywolff

Corvette
2005 Daytona Sunset Orange Coupe
My 2005 C-6 has every available option, including the OnStar and Navigation System. GM has jerked me around on both! Despite the fact that analog services are shutting down, GM put an "upgradeable" system in my C6 which required me to pay for another OnStar subscription before they'd put in the hardware that they should have installed in the first place. Now, a new navigation map disc is finally available after waiting (with an open customer service concern) for two years. BUT, it's a free update ONLY for 2006 and 2007 models. I'm supposed to pay $199 plus shipping to get the damn thing after having to wait for them to get off their butts and make it.
I love the handling, but I don't love the hassle. When I pay $3000 extra for toys, I expect good toys that work right!!!!!

Ripped off in Rockledge :mad

A

Al Stewart

My 2005 C-6 has every available option, including the OnStar and Navigation System. GM has jerked me around on both! Despite the fact that analog services are shutting down, GM put an "upgradeable" system in my C6 which required me to pay for another OnStar subscription before they'd put in the hardware that they should have installed in the first place. Now, a new navigation map disc is finally available after waiting (with an open customer service concern) for two years. BUT, it's a free update ONLY for 2006 and 2007 models. I'm supposed to pay $199 plus shipping to get the damn thing after having to wait for them to get off their butts and make it.
I love the handling, but I don't love the hassle. When I pay $3000 extra for toys, I expect good toys that work right!!!!!

Ripped off in Rockledge :mad

I feel your pain. I too have a 2005 C6 with every available option, including OnStar and Navigation System. I paid the $199 for the updated Nav disk and another $199 for the OnStar Digital Upgrade. Since I already paid for OnStar Analog Service up to 12/31/07; OnStar added this to the Digital Service.

The $199 you are paying OnStar is for the 1yr Safe-and-Sound Plan. The Digital Module is free and the labor to install it is also free.

However, I agree with you totally that because OnStar upgraded their Analog System to Digital, owners of 2005 Corvette should NOT have to pay for the first year of basic Digital Services.

We should also received the free Nav updates. I have voice my dissatification with the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center and got the same clueless response.

Both upgrades are worth the costs... just my .02. :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom