Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

under plenum?

• Thread starter Thread starter roadster
  • Start date Start date
R

roadster

Is it normal to have carbon deposits on injectorhousing walls?
Where does it come from

If you talking about outside the injector housing walls No" Its most likely a leaking crankcase gasket or the rubber oil vent tubes .... :D

Yes my crankcase box bolts were a bit loose, but why the deposits on 5 .7 cylinder injector housing walls? could it be gasket on housing?
How would a leaking crankcase box effect engine operation?
thanks

Jeffvette said:
Is it carbon, or grease/dirt mixture?
Looks like oil vapor residue from crankcase cover. Dirt will stick to this over time. Loose bolts seem to confirm this. Leaking injector gasket will give a red color (depending on fuel color used) that will not collect dirt as pictured.
Mike

Ok thanks guys
I´ll just tighten the breathr cover & vent tubes
:beer

roadster said:
Ok thanks guys
I´ll just tighten the breathr cover & vent tubes
:beer
Make sure you locate tite them and torque to specs ....10N.m or 89lb.in.... :beer Depending on how bad the gasket is your already in there you should just replace the gasket and clean out the valley .... :D

White 68 said:
Depending on how bad the gasket is your already in there you should just replace the gasket and clean out the valley .... :D

Yep while you have it apart I would remove everything from the top of the motor and clean clean clean!

If you simply tighten the bolts down your still going to have leaks, it was a common thing from the factory that these were loose, I striped my whole top end and cleaned up all the oil leaks, replaced the gasket and locktight and torqued the bolts on the breather.

thats your best bet IMHO anyway its fun to get in there and make it look perdy! :D

If you need some pointers feel free to email me

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom