Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Upper Center Dash Vent

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
Splurged a bit on the C5 with a professional detail, car looks great!! But, I noticed a few days later the upper vent was damaged. The Sun did a number on it and its very brittle, regardless, I should have been told by the shop. I let them know about it, "must have been the kid working on the interior". Just confidence inspiring, not.....

Purchased a replacement from Corvette Central (black only) and I matched the paint perfectly with plastic paint. Yes, the piece was prepped before painting, came out great! Matches the oak compliments perfectly.

Removal was straightforward but a bit timid with installing the new piece, anyone else do this? Have the shop manuals but the careful push, has set off an alert in me

Never have done this sort of thing myself on a C5, and I don't know if there's a particular trick that the shop manual is hinting at. But I'm reasonably certain the cautionary language is meant to alert you that you shouldn't just ram the piece into the hole in the dashboard, then finish the installation with a ball-peen hammer. If you use firm and even (but careful) pressure, the piece will probably just pop into the hole. Good luck!

Are you referring to this vent ? If so then if memory serves me correctly there is a small screw on either end that has to be removed.
Can't remember if it was torx or phillips used parts pics 373.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom