Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Used Zaino Today????????????

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

I just tried the Zaino products today and here is my opinion!

The first thing that l did was to use Dawn. Dawn makes about 4-5 different products that are almost the same, so l guessed on the original one, l think. I used about 12 tablespoons because nobody ever mentioned how much to use.

After washing off the Dawn l noticed that it still beaded up. Does that mean that l didn't take off all of the old wax???

I also used a leaf blower to dry the vette 85% and then used a Fieldcrest towel to complete the drying.

Next l used Zaino's #1 lightly.

The final step l used number #2 and left it on for 1 1/2 hours and wiped it off with another 100% cotton Fieldcrest towel.

The whole ordeal was painless, but so far the origianl wax looked better and it hasn't been waxed since last Oct. The vette is garaged year round.

Is it possible that l didn't use enough wax, or need to apply more coats??????????

What l should have done was clay it, but l thought the waxing would take much longer.

Comments will be welcomed.

Thanks

Alan

p.s. The color is Torch Red.

I've been using Zaino for a couple of years, on 4 different Corvettes. The first one was yellow, and it took several coats of Z2 and/or Z5 before it became apparent that it was definitely deeper and wetter looking! The latest 2 we have are both blue, and they look pretty awesome now after repeated coats. One just doesn't do it...keep applying Zaino. You almost can't overdo it!!

Elaine

Zaino

Hi

Being that l have only one coat on, l will try another couple to see what happens.

I do not want to get crazy because l didn't clay the surface, not that it really needs it.

There was also mention of applying a regular paste wax over approx 5 coats of Z-2.

Alan

Re: Zaino

kingman said:
There was also mention of applying a regular paste wax over approx 5 coats of Z-2.

Zaino mentioned applying regular paste wax??? I don't think they condone or promote that...but I could be wrong!

Elaine

Earliar thread!!!!!!!!!

Hi

l'm sure that l have read it before by several detailers on this forum. It could have been the Detailing Dude, but he's been involved with a new venture and until he gets it together, he will be scarce.

It makes sense to me, but l'm a novice on all of the products mentioned in this forum. l have heard of most of them but l have not had any hands on experience with them.

For some reason l used to wash my past vettes every week, and wax them every three weeks. That is going back almost fourty years.

Alan

You'll notice the "wet look" and the 3D effect with depth between 3 and 6 coats of Zaino.

A lot depends upon the color, condition of the paint, exposure to the elements over time and personal taste.

Sal doesn't like the users of his product to use the carnaubas over his product because they are not compatible. If you want to apply another coat of Zaino, you MUST remove all of the carnauba-based product again (assuming it is not already off the paint) using Dawn.

It's your car and if you enjoy spending the extra time to see a different result, go for it.

To respond, it depends by your interpretation of the word "good".

One application will protect your paint for 4 to 6 months. You can stop there and get the same protection as applying multiple layers.

I'm going to give an answer with what I believe most people I deal with give me for applying additional layers.

For the bare minimum of Zaino products (Z-2, ZFX, &Z-6) that can be used, the cost per application I come up with is $1.29.

Unlike the leading carnauba-based products you can layer Zaino and see a significant change in appearance with respect to wettness, shine, gloss, depth, clarity, & reflectivity. Some of these are considered to be very subjective.

Since many users of the product believe it is the easiest to apply and remove, the additional time factor and cost per application are negligible compared to the results.

Some owners are more enthusiastic than others so they can't help but express their "extreme satisfaction" with the product. Some readers of the responses call this talk, "hype". Call it what you like. Car owners continue to use it so it must at least meet their expectations.

Roadster71 said:
A question, If Zaino is so good, why do you need so many applications?
Thanks

Heh, heh, heh, I LIKE a fellow that's not afraid to ask questions.

In my honest opinion, I feel the Zaino wax products are not really any better at shine producing than many others out there that can be picked up at the local parts store or at Target.

What they DO sell that is a winning product, is that liquid stuff in the spray bottle (Z6) that is intended to "maintain" the shine of the Z5 and Z2. That is some fantastic stuff!

What I have been doing lately is preparing the finish with 3M Perfect-It glazes and then applying the Zaino spray occasionally, to keep up the shine and slick feel to the finish.

For that matter, I use plain and simple old "cheapie" Nu-Finish on my daily drivers with an application of the Zaino spray afterwards and they look as sharp as my vette with less work and less money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom