Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vacume leaks

S

sd pacecar

My car recently went down, but has since been fixed. I discovered the 3/8ths vacume line from the top, front of the carb down to the vacume cannister was ripped open. Could this have been the reason the car totally died when I exited the freeway. I managed to park it and tried to start it but got nowhere. I checked for spark and it didn't seem to have any from the number one plug wire. I first replaced the vacume line and tried to start it, but it didn't appear to want to start. I then replaced the coil and control module and it fired up. I know this sounds kind of dumb, but should I have tried longer to start the car after replacing the vacume line? Is it possible that with no vacume, the car wouldn't start? I would hate to find out that I spent eighty bucks on ignition parts only to find that it was lack of vacume that killed the engine. Thoughts anyone

Stingray6974

sd,
That's just a vapor hose from the carb to the cannister. Definitely will not keep the car from running.
Mike

S

sd pacecar

Thank you, now I don't feel bad for spending the eighty bucks for the ignition parts.

H

Her 92

sd pacecar,

Glad that your car is back up and running. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom