Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

value of 59 vette

vetteKID

Corvette
74 L-48 coupe & 85 454 coupe
a guy on my mopar board asked this question, i thought i would let the vette guys take a crack at it.

"I know of a guy who has a 59 Vette, convert with both tops. Its a total kit as he was just starting to rebuild it in 1980 when he was severly hurt while at work, now disabled and hangin onto the dream of rebuilding the car. He has now come to termsa with the fact that he is going to have ot sell it. Its in Sacramento California and I am going to help him bring it to his place here in Noerthen Nevada.

He says is stripped, down to the shell, needs a small amount of glass work. The motor was rebuilt in 1980, new interior, tope chrome everything still in boxes. He is guessing its dried up?

289 car, Snowcap white with the silver inlay and red interior. What are these going for completed and ideas.

I like these cars and now that they are cheaped than convert cudas, who knows, maybe I will have one chevy in the garage to give the Mopars something to pic on.

Dave.,"

It's hard to say without actually seeing the car but I would think that if the body only needed mild work and the frame was solid, both tops, base engine(correct), and all of the new parts it would be a good buy in the mid to upper teens. If it is a 4 speed and optional engine like a 245, 270, 250 or 290hp it would be a few thousand more. The color combo is a nice one so that will help. Lots of people are affraid of basketcases but others that know these cars inside and out will think of it as an opportunity to see exactly what they are buying.

Sorry I can't be more exact.

Tom

Find out what motor he has and option go thru some advertizement for some simular cars find the top price of it then work backwards from there subtrakting from the value of the car for parts and labor needed to get it there.

Sad to say but a basket case sometimes unfortunatly goes for more money when parted out.

Personally I normally shy away from a disasembled car to start a project with.try grossmuelers in NJ they advertize in hemmings looking for project cars I am sure they could tell you the correct price for one

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom