Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Value of 95 Coupe

OldCorvetteFan

Corvette
Black 95 6 spd Coupe (Sold); 2011 GS
I'm looking at a 95 blk/blk coupe at the local Chevy dealership.

48,300 miles
6 speed
1SB package
New Michelin Pilots
No other significant options on RPO sticker

The good -
No rock chips (one spot touched up)
No curb rash on original sawblades
Clear top has crazing (expected), but no cracks
Starts immediately with good performance & idle quality
Clutch engages/disengages smoothly with no chatter
Shifts smoothly (CAGS still in place!!! - 1st MOD)
Clean underbody & front spoiler is intact (no breaks)
Bose radio still works (unknown for CD or cassette)
AC works (as far as I could tell)
Seat leather looks good

The bad -
Drivers side pwr seat goes back & forth, but not up and down (lumbar supports still work fine)
Passenger side weatherstrip looks worn (split)

The questions -
Do you expect some racket from the six speed?
Do you expect to hear a lot of tire noise?
Something seems to be roaring from the back, but I can't tell if it's tires or a bearing (don't really know what to listen for on a C4).
I don't know what other major concern points to look for, either.

Dealer is asking $15,900, and came down to $14,900 when I told them I was serious (I've bought a couple of new family cars from them before).

I told my sales guy that I was really in the $14k neighborhood, and that I would get back to them this week. I also told him that I wouldn't buy until the car was inspected by an expert of my choosing.

I would appreciate your opinions and thoughts, especially regarding the price point.

Thanks,
Steven

From your description, $14.9 still places that dealer in a great position for profit.

I would look for a car w/ out issues at that price or have thoe price lowered to reflect - BTW, 6 spd does not make racket ;)

I hope this helps :m

95 Coupe

*89x2* said:
From your description, $14.9 still places that dealer in a great position for profit.

I would look for a car w/ out issues at that price or have thoe price lowered to reflect - BTW, 6 spd does not make racket ;)

I hope this helps :m

Thanks for the reply. I think that I'm probably hearing the tires. However, I've never spent much time in the C4 cockpit, so I'm just being a bit cautious before committing the funds for purchase.

Do you know if the seat repair is relatively minor, or is it a major task? I thought I would wait until the inspection is completed, then negotiate for repairs and a lower price.

Can you give me some specifics on what to look for on a C4?

Thanks,
Steven

Steven
14900.00 sound high for a 95 with those issues. The noise in the rear could be cupped tires which will mean you will need new tires. If not it is something back there. The seat could get expensive depending on the extent of what it needs. I cannot believe the dealer did not have these things fixed before offering ot for sale. I would definately run a history on the car and check it out.
Call me if I can help

95 Coupe Pricing

JAGSFAN said:
Steven
14900.00 sound high for a 95 with those issues. The noise in the rear could be cupped tires which will mean you will need new tires. If not it is something back there. The seat could get expensive depending on the extent of what it needs. I cannot believe the dealer did not have these things fixed before offering ot for sale. I would definately run a history on the car and check it out.
Call me if I can help

Jagsfan -

I'm negotiating for repairs for items revealed during my test drive (as shown), as well as fluid changes prior to delivery.

How high is $14900? What price point do you think would be more reasonable?

Thanks for your response!

Steven

Not too many 95s out there with less than 50,000 miles.

I believe the dealer's price is reflecting the low mileage.

I am sure you can find other 95s that are cheaper. They probably have a lot more miles, also!

You need to have your Vette expert write up an estimate for repairs. See if they will take that money off the price.

Good Luck!

Save The Wave! :w

KBB says $15,710.00.

Closer ...

I spent some quality time with my Sales guy and the Sales Mgr this afternoon. We've negotiated a fair deal. The seats and weatherstripping have been resolved, and fluids are changed.

Inspection is this week, and we get the car for an afternoon of extended test driving for me and the wife.

If that all goes as planned, then the deal should be finalized by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your input. I appreciate the support.

Steven

Very happy for you and your new Vette!

I owned an auto & truck repair shop for about 20 years. My customers would sometimes bring a "new" used car for me to inspect. Only trouble was they had already bought the vehicle!

You certainly did your homework and now you will have a nice Vette! :beer

Noise in the rear could be a bad wheel bearing very common.. usually there around 2-300 hundred for the part, but hope it's nothing worse like something in the diff..
-=Rick

BlackNBlue95 said:
Noise in the rear could be a bad wheel bearing very common.. usually there around 2-300 hundred for the part, but hope it's nothing worse like something in the diff..
-=Rick

Hi, Rick -

The dealer rebalanced the tires, and the racket I was hearing went away. The other issues were also dealt with prior to purchase. I can also report that the AC works fine, and the Bose plays CD's (both original and CD-R's).

I bought the car on 28 February, and have put over a thousand trouble free miles on it since then.

I added the CAGS eliminator (boy, did that drive me crazy!), and plan on a significant detail prior to the Bloomington Show.

Thanks,
Steven

Cool!, which dealer did you take it to? I'm hopeing to goto bloomington gold as well.. we'll see how everything goes..
-=Rick

BlackNBlue95 said:
Cool!, which dealer did you take it to? I'm hopeing to goto bloomington gold as well.. we'll see how everything goes..
-=Rick

I purchased the car from Bocker Chevrolet in Freeport. They are also a sponsoring dealer for the Norther Illinois Corvette club based in Rockford.

If you think you'll make Bloomington, let me know, and maybe we can meet up.

Steven

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom