Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vanacor hoods

Stemmer

Corvette
I strongly considering on obtaining a hood for my 1960 from Vanacor. However I have concerns of the quality of it being hand laid and not press molded. I understand the the underside of hand laid hoods can look quite rough.

Can anyone comment on the quality of Vanacor hoods ???

Thanks muchly

Ken

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
Can anyone comment on the quality of Vanacor hoods ???

I cant comment directly on the hoods your questioning about, But I can tell you allot of folks I meet absolutely think a car is of lesser value if they see hand laid glass on it.????

I have a big block hood skin for a 67 that is hand laid and it just looks like wooly glass in resen. A press molded look like the top side of a hood. Looks more finished.

I hope some one has personal knowledge.

If you dont get the hand laid what are your other options.

I know when I was looking for a hood for my 62 all I found was used junk with all kinds of problems.

S

studiog

My brother-in-law bought a Vanacor hood for his '71 Vette and had a good fit with only minor work needed to get it right. He had one low spot on the top side that was easily fixed during body prep.

Stemmer

Corvette
The problem now is I found out on the "other forum"...there were two different hoods made for the 1959 & 60 Vette.... One for the tank topped rad equiped Vettes and one for regular radiators.... :-(

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I purchased a 67 big block hood from Vanacor and it was a nightmare making it fit, sanding the waves out of it and elongating my hinge holes to make it fit. My advice, spend the money on a good hood and save hours and hours of work.

Just my personal experience.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Top Bottom