Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vansteel's U-joint /half shaft service

B

bmotojoe

Personally I wouldn’t use any other U-Joint other then a SPICER #5-799X on my 1977 Corvette. They are of solid construction and are the heaviest duty universal joint on the market. If you have ever seen the damage done by a U-Joint that fails underway you will install the best.
JMO,
Brian

ratflinger

Corvette
1979 Black Coupe, 396 SBC
I've had Van Steel rebuild mine, with the Spicers. If I did it again I'd have them do it with Neapcos. Neapcos are also solid (which is what you want) & Van can cold treat them also. Spicers are great,but they have gone to a hard plastic seal which is extremely easy to break. VS even broke one of mine. Dan at VS claims the Neapcos are just as good. As far as their service - the half shafts came back expertly serviced & nicely painted. They were quick, and there was no fooling around, I got my original half shafts back.

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
Thanks. I'm just about ready to box um up. The Neapo's (non-greaseable) will be fine for my application. The price to do them is fair and even though I've done them in the past myself (and once screwed up a flange), I've got better things to do;shrug .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom