Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vert deck lid upholstery

A

AIRBUS

Has anyone had to have their decklid reupholstered?

Details?

Thanks

Just noticed I posted this in Tech/Perf. Should have been Gen. Sorry.

A

AIRBUS

Vert decklid upholstery

Has anyone had to have their decklid reupholstered?

Details?

Thanks

T

tonylong

What do you mean by "reupholstering" the deck lid. I had mine repainted on the outside. Are you referring to the lid that covers the top when lowered?

Corvette
1987 Z52 Black Convertible
I merged the two threads for you over here. I suppose I could have deleted the one in the tech forum...

But anyways, are you talking about the is on the curve of the decklid? That is black and you can polish??

A

AIRBUS

I merged the two threads for you over here. I suppose I could have deleted the one in the tech forum...​

But anyways, are you talking about the is on the curve of the decklid? That is black and you can polish??​

That's the upholstery/trim I'm referring to. Mine has a small tear on the driver's side. Will post a pic tonight.

A

AIRBUS

Here's the tear - sorry for the poor shot.

K

Key West Jack

I purchased a vinyl repair kit from the local parts store (Advance I think). It worked great on my red ’90. I also had to repair the fiberglass under the tear. It was really an easy job and a lot cheaper than a complete reupholster.

A

AIRBUS

I purchased a vinyl repair kit from the local parts store (Advance I think). It worked great on my red ’90. I also had to repair the fiberglass under the tear. It was really an easy job and a lot cheaper than a complete reupholster.

How about post a pic?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom