Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

vert wind screens

jimmie jam

Corvette
2007 convertible A6, F55, 3LT, nav.
has anyone used/use a wind screen on their vert. they look good but do they work. $400 is a bunch of money if it dosen't work. they claim that there is no modification to install????

please, any help or info.

thanks, j.j.

A friend has one on his 2001 and he loves it. There is a hole when the top is down for it to slide into. No alterations.

I'm not familiar with this... anyone got any pics?

Jane Ann
:w

Here's a link to the product: http://www.vettenet1.com/MainPage.html
I got one a few years back. It really cuts down on the wind noise and allows you to put the top down on cooler days since there's much less wind coming from behind you. Plus, the wife likes it so she can avoid that 'Hairdo by Chevrolet' look.

Im planning to get one as well. Corvette central has one for 349.00. part# 106064.
Then I saw another one at another site for 90. or 110. something cant remember exactly. They looked the same except the cheaper one didnt come up as high behind the seats as the 349 one did. hard to tell the difference in quality between the two by a pic.
TIP TO THE LADIES OR GUYS WITH LONG HAIR--If I have both windows down, with top down, my very long hair goes forward in a tornado shape into my face. (my hair is down to my belt long) NOT safe. Its important I see the roadway while driving, and for you as well. The best thing I found was to put the passenger side window up and that makes the hair flow back the way it should. It may be different in a C5, ive got a C6. If you cant afford to get one though, a wind screen, try to play with the window while your moving to see what works. No it doesnt look very good like that but at least you can enjoy yourself with top down and you wont shy away from putting it down all the time. Im now trying to shop for a throaty, growling, deep sounding exhaust at the same time. SOOO many decisions.
take care
teresa

I've got a Vette-Net, and it works great. The older style was taller and used a screen, the newer ones are barely taller than the seats and have smoked plexiglass. Buy the storage bag too. It looks fine and works great. I've lent mine to several friends, resulting in them buying one. When you pop the cover to put the top down two little brackets drop in on the rubber stops. Close the cover and slide the vette net into the brackets. A bit more effort at times but lets me have the top down more since the wife enjoys it more. Get a Top Down Tech window valet while you're spending a few bucks. That lets you roll the windows up and down from the fob, so after you've put the top up to park you just hit lock 3 times and up go the windows. No more climbing back in, turning on the key and running them up. returning, just unlock 3 times and yhe windows go back down.

Bruce

I bought one, kinda does what I thought it would do but not to the extent I thought it would. I raised it up about an inch and it helps a little. Are there any other tricks to do besides wear a hat?
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom