Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Very Nice Red on Red L-81 for sale $14,900

G

Gwen G

Unfortunately, due to financial pressures, I'm selling my red '81 coupe. :cry Before I consign it, I'd like to give the CAC'ers a chance on it.

> It will not be listed on e-bay.

1981 L81 St Louis coupe,
red on red, (VERY good repaint-it was originally red),
automatic,
original, mirrored glass t-tops,
all power options: driver's seat, mirrors, windows, door locks, rear defroster, air all work, (a/c may need recharging)
aluminum wheels with excellent, as new shine, new lugs, wheel locks and very good (but older) BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
numbers matching,
66K miles

- I would like to get $14,900 for it.

About it:

Red on Red coupe, four or five stars on interior and exterior except:
1.) nose was repainted (due to rub wear from a bra) and the paint doesn't match very well at all plus a small patch of paint that is chipped off (forgot how long sharks are!)
2.) lower bumper extension shows 25 years of nudging curbs

New:
1.)100 amp polished alternator (original still available)
2.) Pioneer 4x50 receiver with CD in new bezel (both originals still available)
high-end speakers, rears in custom enclosures by Car Toys-the enclosures are parallel with the rear carpet, in a red plastic that closely matches the original red items in interior. (originals all available)
3.) Water Pump (original no longer available) and new thermostat
4.) Matching red cargo area mat
5.) Black Dash mat (not installed)
6.) miscellaneous trim: red shift boot, chrome shift knob (originals still available)
7.) Accel High Performance ignition parts: super coil, HP cap + rotor, HP ignition module, heavy duty yellow spark plug wires, fresh AC Delco Rapidfire
plugs (the original ignition shield does not fit over the super coil, but is still available)
8.) Transmission flush and new filter earlier this year (less than 1k ago)
9.) Bumper extensions, not installed

Perfect:
1.) Interior may or may not have been restored, leather seating surfaces are perfect. Carpet is exceptional throughout.
2.) Engine compartment is exceptionally clean. All hoses and belts were checked out when the alternator and water pump were replaced and are in very good shape
3.) Spare tire may be original.
4.) Original rear glass with defroster in perfect shape
5.) Power antenna works perfectly
6.) Runs cooler than I would expect any Shark, thermostat opens per factory specs and it generally stays at around 190, only in very slow around town does it get up over 200 and it generally gets back to 190 as soon as the aux fan kicks in. It has NEVER overheated on me, even commuting.

Very Good:
1.) Always starts on second try (it is carburetted.) and runs strong for a near-stock L81
7.) Alignment is exceptional, steering very tight
8.) Good, pretty quiet brakes.
9.) Exhaust system is very good, still looks nearly new.

Nitpicking:
1.) Some day the weather stripping may need to be replaced. As is nothing leaks and the wind noise is appropriate for a 25 year-old classic t-top.
2.) Doors could stand to be realigned slightly
3.) Its a 25 year old, fibreglass, T-top, mass produced car. So what's new about that?

Thumbnails are atached, e-mail me at gwen.goodwin at state.co.us for larger scale .jpg files.

View attachment 10065

View attachment 10066

View attachment 10067

there hasn't been much interest - so it is going to the dealer for consignment.

Gwen,

Sorry to see you give up your L81, and it is too bad someone here at CAC couldn't give it a good home... Hope all goes well for you and you get your price for your 1981.

You are Always Welcome here at the Corvette Action Center...

Bud

Rare81 said:
Gwen,

Sorry to see you give up your L81, and it is too bad someone here at CAC couldn't give it a good home... Hope all goes well for you and you get your price for your 1981.

You are Always Welcome here at the Corvette Action Center...

Bud

Thanks, Bud!;)

Gwen G said:
there hasn't been much interest - so it is going to the dealer for consignment.

Rats. Oh well... I hope the Vette goes to a good home!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom