Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

vin number location on a 91 vette?

big john

Hello all, have a question concerning a 91 coupe. Ive had 2 vettes, a 68 and 69 never anything newer than that, I have a chance to pick up a 91 coupe. the car has led a hard life, but the price is right, and ive started with much worse, and ended up with some nice rides. the fellow has a clear title for the car, and it matches the vin tag under the windshield glass. the only thing that makes me uneasy is the car has the hood, 1 door, and rear bumper off other corvettes. my question is this, anyone know if they marked this year vette with the vin number in other locations? I want to protect myself against buying something of questionable origin! thanks! john in ohio

If the car has the acrylic roof panel the VIN will also be stamped on the left or right front. But with so many major body parts already replaced I wouldn't count on the roof being original.

thanks so much for the reply......found the stamped vin number on the left front of the frame behind the tire...everything matches up, so I have my winter project for this year! regards john

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom