Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

vinyl-covered hardtop colors

J

jsimpson

My 70 has a vinyl-covered hardtop (or the remains of a a vinyl covering on the hardtop). What colors did the vinyl come in? Was it a leather grain or a pinpoint grain?

ChuckG

Corvette
63FI, 69BB
I've never seen any other color than black on any original hardtop. Can't tell you the style of grain, but I do know that Al Knoch sells a supposedly "correct" vinyl kit for hardtops. Chuck

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Me too Chuck. I have looked before to see if I could find any information on any top other than black but no luck. I'm not sure about the grain either. Been too long since I saw one.

Tom

J

jsimpson

The grain on mine is leather, and it's way too old and brittle to be a replacement. There was nothing but primer and glue beneath it.

T

Tim73454

Mine is black and still is in pretty good shape. There are a few small places on it that I have been told can be fixed. I can take a picture of it and email it to you if you think you can tell from that?
I don't think mine was ever on the car except for the first ride home! I was shocked at the condition when I saw it for the first time. Nothing like Northern CA to preserve a car...

Tim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom