Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

viper wanna beee's

slashnick said:
I think the real competitor for the C6 will be the Mustang Cobra. The 2005 model will surely have at least 390hp, most likely more. There have been rumors that they will put a 5.0 or even the same engine that is in the Ford GT (500hp). Not to mention the price which is currently less than a Covette. With the new (extremely ugly) body style comming out the same year as the C6, it will be interesting to see who comes out on top on both power and sales.

Go C6!!!

Nick,

That's what my buddy keeps saying. His mom works for Ford, he's a former employee of Ford so they're kind of loyal.:L:L He points at my Vette' and says, "That's what Ford is gunning for next. They're going to make this new Mustang that'll have at least 390hp." I tell him, "By the time that comes out, the C6 Corvette will be out." I tell him that the current Cobra with the blower in it can likely run C5's, but they can't hang with the big boy Z06's.

It seems to me that the viper is not really a production car at all, how many do you see? It will never be a threat to corvette sales,nomatter the hp (howmuch can you use on the street?) the viper looks clunky to me and our vettes are american icons, that are never going away. With some hard work and sacrafice most of us working people can afford a corvette can the same be said for the viper? I maybe a new vette owner , but i can asure you all, I want to move up not out of vettes!lol! see ya on the road!! Capt Bane

tt-rexx said:
people who have vettes want vipers people who have vipers want turbo porsches.etc.

Viper? Porsche? No, way. Like many others, if you gave me either of those, I'd just sell it and get a good car (ie, Corvette)

slashnick said:
There have been rumors that they will put a 5.0 or even the same engine that is in the Ford GT (500hp).

Isn't the GT engine going to be hand-built? If so, I don't think it will end up in a car that is not a limited-run (like the GT)

Joe

Re: Re: viper wanna beee's

Isn't the GT engine going to be hand-built? If so, I don't think it will end up in a car that is not a limited-run (like the GT)

I couldn't tell you Joe. I don't know a great deal about the car. I was just surfing a Mustang forum to find some info on the new Mustang and Cobra and came across a thread that mentioned the rumor of using the GT engine in the Cobra. We all know how unreliable that info can be though. That's why I said rumored. More than likely it will never happen. The GT has a 5.4L Supercharged all aluminium V-8, I haven't heard about it being hand built. You're probably right though, with a price tag at $140,000+ it better hand built!

A recent article in Hot Rod said the GT-40 engine will be built in the same factory but by specially trained workers or something simular.
All those exotic cars are just that "EXOTIC" and beyond the means of most people I would like to see sales numbers as well as performance figures when it comes time to pick who is number one.
the Corvette has been around since 1953 while many others have come and gone
Shelby Cobra
Pantera
Delorean
Thunderbird (back again but I don't see it as a threat)

As for owning something other then a Vette I don't see it in my future even if I had unlimited funds. (my dreamcar is a GS clone with a Gaerte built aluminum SB and modern suspension)
Craig sr.:_rock

I presently own my third Corvette. I DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER want a Viper. Even if I had the money. It was built to be a challenge to the Corvette and it's history. Not the other way around. The C6 will not look like a Viper.

The GT gets a supercharged version of the 5.4L V8 from the F-150. It may be alluminum for the GT, but that doesn't mean that Ford won't put a supercharged 5.4L V8 in the Mustang.

Leon

The beauty of this great country is being able to choose from a great selection of AMERICAN made automobiles. All the competitors involved build really great machines. I work on high performance aircraft and I appreciate the difference in performance levels of different aircraft. Simply put, I also have my favorites.

Jets are the same as cars to me.

I did let my girl know that if she got a mustang we were dun.
(gotta draw the line somewhere)

I own a vette and a while back it was a late model.I still love my vette and I would NEVER trade it for a Viper.If I had the bucks the only thing that would take it's place in my garage is a prancing horse.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom