Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! VNV's New Car

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
Haven't had the time to be on much but I gotta rave about Mark's new '09. THANK GOD it's blue, first off.

6 spd, base engine with a bunch of stuff but what I REALLY like is the ability to remotely bypass the mufflers into a chambered exhaust setup. JUST loud enough.

You just can't compare the new vette to a midyear but this car has to compete in a tough market and it's good to see that GM has finally japo/germano-fied the vette into a superbly comfortable high performace coupe. Plus I like the rear deck treatment infinitely better than the C5, which to me looked like the designers just got bored by the time they got to the back. OH, THE FLAMES THAT WILL GENERATE:finger.

So, I'm driving the C6 in first gear and he tells me to hammer it. It was all azzholz and elbows, the tires slipped a bit, the traction control kicked in and it was one HELL of a great ride. As you folks have told me, you can have all the balls under hood you want, if you can't get it to the ground, it's worthless.

Mark's new C6 is a superb vehicle and I'm really proud that we can build such a vehicle.

wow:W

high praise indeed from me for an american vehicle...i've ranted for years about the idiots at the big three..unfortunately, it looks like the F word beat the crap out of GM in the latest JD Powers survey...the only saving grace is that Mercedes continually comes in last in quality - i drive through "Jackie-O" horse country in Central New Jersey and i see nothing but S and GL Class iron on the entrance ramps to 287...I wonder what it's like to be able to say "No Problem" to $2,000 routine maintenance bills...oh well, their day has arrived

OOOPS, need to keep this in the C1/C2 section.....I DID look at VNV's '65 but it was covered in his new bubble which is also very cool (# match, BTW)...AND i'm putting his old Sweet Thunders on my '65 in a few

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom