Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Volume of air from my fan blower on my 97 C5

hthsbd

Corvette
1997 Black Coupe
I am curious if it is just my C5 blower fan on my AC. The fan runs on all speeds, but the volume of air coming from the vents is very minimal. My AC is cooling fine, but when it gets really hot, there is not enough volume of air coming from the fan to cool the car. Any ideas what could be the problem?

May be a divert-er door not switching positions?

Need more Information...............................

:thumb

A VIN # would be nice.......................

Manual HVAC ?

Automatic HVAC ?

Any codes stored in "On Board Diagnostics" ?
Post them up,History and Current.

How to Pull Codes: C5
1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."
6. To optionally reset codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until is displays "NO CODES."
7. Press OPTIONS to go into the next module (ie, from PCM, or Powertrain Control Module, to TCS, or Traction Control System.)
8. Repeat Step 6 until you have reset all the codes in all the computer modules.

Note: Only reset the codes if you want to- it is not necessary to reset them every time you pull the codes.

9. When finished, simply take your key out of the ignition.

Don't clear codes yet...... :thumb

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom