Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

waaaah! there's dust on my new car!

Gaming Glen

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport convertible, 2003 red coupe
and road tar, too! Only after 2 weeks! Gotta trade it in! :grinshot

Seriously, how soon can I wax it, or use a waterless polish? I have the Zaino Brothers wax kit so I wonder how long should I wait before using their #1 (the deep wax)?

:v

Glen

You can wax your new Vette the day you pick it up! The paint doesn't have to "cure" like the paints of yesterday. Enjoy!

Do you need to wax it?

If its just dust, why not wipe it off with a "California Duster" or similar implement?

The road tar can be removed with a tar remover (really just gasoline in disguise).

I disagree with both comments above. I still believe (based on what paint & body men have told me) that you need to let new paint cure for three months before waxing.

Also, gasoline is pretty tough on any paint finish. Oh yeah, it will work great to clean stuff, don't get me wrong, it's just a bit destructive to the paint and clearcoat. I suggest Tarminator, absolutely great stuff. Cleans bird crap, tar, marble marks, grease, everything, without harming the finish.

Click here for more info.

I have no affiliation with the company, just a happy customer!

Michael

I saw the dealer waxing it before I got it, but that may be a surface wax (and probably cheap). So I'm not in a hurry to wax it (and I hate waxing) but was curious as to when I can.

I have a polish that removes tar easily enough. But I was able to remove it with a little warm water and a towel, the tar was soft.

I was joking about the dust, I do use a duster or wet & dry towels. :bang

Glen

Since there seems to be different opinions on this, why not ask a paint expert. I am confident that you will be told that the paint on our Vettes is cured so you can wax or polish immediately. The painting process at Bowling Green allows for this.

I was making a joke in a science fiction role-playing game forum about alien birdmen placing pictures of red cars (like my new 'vette) underneath them when constipated.

This last week I've wiped off more bird**** from my new red 'vette than I had in a year of my former green 'vette. :r

So, to you alien birdmen, what can I do to apologize?
:BOW

Glen

Don't you know, it's the color.... Your own experience proved it - more bird**** in one week than in an entire year with a green vette. Black also seems to attract bird**** as well as jackasses that open their doors and chip your paint.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom