Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warranty Question

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Sorry to make you crazy but l have an easy question.

In the model year 2002 what was the warranty term 3 yrs or 4 yrs.

The build date is 2/26/02 and if everything works out l will have the vette by the 15th of the month. If it qualifies for an extended warranty, l will take it out after having the present warranty trans to my name.

Even if l can only get two years l will be happy because it has less then 28,000 miles and l will only add 4 or 5 thou a year.

Can't cost that much, but again it's GM.

Thanks

Alan

3 Years is the answer.

I just found it on the net. Bummer for sure, l am so used to foreign cars and not ricers having 4yrs and 50,000 miles.

Anyway is it worth it to get an extended warranty with only less then 28,000 miles on the clock and only driving it less then 4/5 thou a year?

And who would you recommend unless GM will sell an extended warranty on a 4 year old car.

Alan

Kingman,
I don't think you'll be able to get the GMPP warranty. However, there are places that will write a warranty on a car that is out of the factory warranty period.

Check out this thread-
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77675

WarrantyDirect and Extended Auto Warranty are a couple that are mentioned.

I bought an extended GMPP warranty last year for my low mileage 02. Still haven't used it yet; only time will tell if it was worth it. The good thing about some after market warranties is that you can juggle the mileage/years requirements according to your driving habits. I didn't need many miles, but wanted as many years as possible.

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom