Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Water leaking inside....

C

C5-Texan

I have washed the car twice. Both times I hit the engine compartment with a little cleaning as well. No high-pressure water mind you. :nono The passenger floorboard got extremely wet. I took it back to the dealer and they concluded that water must have got into the car via the fresh air duct that is just below the windshield wipers and stretches across the width of the engine compartment.

Number 1 - Has anyone else had a similar experience before? :confused

Number 2 - Be very careful when detailing your engine compartment. :bash

I will let you know what happens next time I was the car. I pulled out the seat and carpet over the weekend and let it all dry out.

:beer

I wash my engine compartment frequently and have never experienced this problem, and I have not been particularly careful about where I aimed the water stream. Lately there have been several owners who have experienced a problem with their AC evaporator drain line becoming plugged. The water then backs up onto the passenger side floor board area. In some cases, this has caused a condition where the BCM and sometimes the PCM short as a result of water running into them. They are located directly beneath the passenger side footwell electrical compartment. You might want to check that out.

Thank you for the input. I didn't think that the leak could be from an ordinary wash job. Where exactly is that AC drain line located? I will check that out today. I have seen water dripping from under the car when AC is on, but I could have a partial clog.

I believe that the drain exits the firewall from the interior on the right hand (passenger) side via a 90 degree fitting in the firewall right behind the passenger side of the engine cylinder head. And, I've read that it is very hard to get your hand and arm in there (between the head & firewall) to grasp the hose. Most seem to not try to disconnect the hose, but rather massage or squeeze it downwards, forcing any foreign matter out that way. Sounds like yours may be OK if you see water draining under the car. Anyway, hope this helps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom