Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Water on the floorboard

T

TAG_SK

My 05 C6 recently sat in 10 inches of water in my garage after my apartment complex became a river. I ended up with about an inch of muddy water on the floor, but I was able to wet vac it all out. My insurance company will cover replacing the carpet, but was wondering if there is anything else that should be looked at.

Hi Tag_SK,
Sorry to hear about the water in the C6. I take it, it's from the major rain you guys had out west??

If it were to happen to me, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them go over it. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Let us know how you make out with the C6.

Chris

Hi there,
Your electrical system center is located directly beneath the passenger side toe board under the dash, WITH THE BODY CONTROL MODULE.
I would demand that both be replaced. Your electrical system is the life of your car, do NOT TAKE CHANCES.
Remove both door panel to check the speakers, door control module, the seats and the seat control module.
I would also suggest checking to make sure each and every connection on the underside of the car be opened, dryed and dieelectric lubricant added. This is because wiring inside the vehicle is NOT SEALED against moisture intrusion.
This may sound like overkill, but its worth the time.
Allthebest, c4c5

Thanks for the info. My car is currently at a Corvette shop, local dealerships refer all vettes there. Thanks to a slight uphill incline in the garage the water never got within 5 inches of the passenger toe panel, but they are looking at everything just incase.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom