Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Water Temp. Sensor

82RL

Corvette
2000 LT. Pewter Coupe
Where is the water temp. sensor located on the 82 crossfire. Mine bottoms out on the hot side as soon as I crank it. Does the 82 crossfire have the optispark (just curious)?

It should be located on the left clyinder head between #1 and#3 spark plugs. A single green wire. Look for it shorting to the exhaust manifold. No, you do not have opti-spark.

Mike

I checked the sensor wire. It is not damaged or touching the manifold anywhere. The temp gage is pegged on the hot side even when the motor is not running and the key off. Could there still be a short some where, or is it a bad gage?

Unplug the wire from the sending unit and see if they gauge moves.

Mike

I removed the wire and the gauge did not move I turned on the ign. and then cranked it, it did not move. I drove it to town last night and looked liked it started working,although I don't know how accurat it was . By the time I got home It was pegged on the hot side again. I had to drive it to work thus morning because I lost the main belt on my truck. It was pegged this morning when I cranked it but sometimes during the 20 min trip it started to work again. I will watch it on the way home this afternoon.

Sounds like a bad/corroded connection inside the junction block connector (front side of fuse block) in the engine compartment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom