Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wax??

Tom Martin

Corvette
2012 GS vert in red.
Can anybody tell me the best product for my car? It's the dark grey and is way shiney but I like to keep it that way. I've tried just about every kind of "quick detailer" on it and have found that Girot's Speed Shine is the best. Now I need to find the best wax or glaze. I just read an article on the internet that said that Liquid Glass was best so I'm going to try that. Anybody got a better idea??

Can anybody tell me the best product for my car? It's the dark grey and is way shiney but I like to keep it that way. I've tried just about every kind of "quick detailer" on it and have found that Girot's Speed Shine is the best. Now I need to find the best wax or glaze. I just read an article on the internet that said that Liquid Glass was best so I'm going to try that. Anybody got a better idea??

I'm a firm believer in C-Magic!!! Great shine and protection for the finish!! The entire C-magic line of products is on both of my Vettes!!

There really is no "best product" for your vehicle. All the leading manufacturers of car care polish and waxes have a good product. I use Chemical Guys.com myself because of the price and product, but I wouldn't say that it is any better than any one else's. It's all about the prep work involved to get and maintain a superior finish. It can take a lot of time to start from scratch and follow all the process's involved to make a finish as good as it can get, most vehicles can run 8+ hours or more from start to finish. If you are going to do a one step process, then a cleaner/wax or sealant is your best product to use as it can clean a little of the surface contaminants (but just a little, and there is a lot usually) and apply a shine and protectant at the same time. Good luck with your choice, I'm sure that your car will look great. :)

I believe that the National Corvette Museum now supports the Adams line of detailing products. As others have said, it is all about the prep before the finishes.

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom