Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Weak idle

cengiz

Corvette
1962 fawn beige, 1964 saddle coupe, 1971 orange
Recently my '95 ZR-1's idle speed went down a bit. It idles around 500 - 600 RPM, does not vibrate or anything. It is very smooth, in fact too smooth. I had a few cases where engine died during idling or at the end of hard deceleration. Starts back up fine. Also during cold start, it immediately sets itself to low idle. It was not like that before. I checked the Idle Air Valve, it was dirty, cleaned it and it is the same. Performance and fuel consumption is just fine. Did anybody have a similar situation?

The car has 31.000 miles and driven more or less 2000 miles every year - and is bone stock.

Last edited:
Cengiz,

you may want to check TPS voltage. Could also look at Min Air adjustment. Suggest you visit
zr1 registry also at ZR-1 NET Registry Home. Quite a few of us over there that could help as well.

Cengiz,

you may want to check TPS voltage. Could also look at Min Air adjustment. Suggest you visit
zr1 registry also at ZR-1 NET Registry Home. Quite a few of us over there that could help as well.

Thanks for the advice; I also thought about the TPS. I was a member of the ZR-1 Net and then dropped out. I informed them about my intention to renew and they advised me to wait a few days for their online renewal system to be up and running. I will be there shortly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom