Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

weatherstrip

Corvette
2002 electron blue Z06
I have accidently pulled the weatherstrip above the driver door loose. How do I fix it? I have the factory manuals for my old '97, but the roof on the Z06 is different. What do I need to disassemle to fix this? Is this a job for a sort-of skilled shade tree mechanic?

When you say "pulled loose", do you mean torn loose. If it can be reattached, there is some great glue available.
I have a set of manuals if you need me to look anything up I'll be glad too.
Let mr know and good luck.:beer:w

cruzer82 said:
When you say "pulled loose", do you mean torn loose. If it can be reattached, there is some great glue available.
I have a set of manuals if you need me to look anything up I'll be glad too.
Let mr know and good luck.:beer:w

It looks like they are not glued in place, but just attached by some pressure/clamping fittings. I have the FRC and my manuals are for the Targa. Any help would be appreciated.

I have to take the car in to the body shop Wednesday for a new front bumber cover. Maybe I can get them to fix it while they have it.
Jim

There is a brief description on R&R of hard top weather striping. I can scan it and email if you like.

HI there,
You would install the outside edge first, and you can use something like a plastic scraper to install the inside edge. If the installation is deformed at all, it is not installed correctly.
NO ADHESIVE should be used.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

cruzer82 said:
There is a brief description on R&R of hard top weather striping. I can scan it and email if you like.

I will try what c4c5 says first, and contact you if I cannot get it. Thanks for the offer.

And thanks to c4c5 for the reply.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom