Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wellnuts for rear Shade...

N

NutinElse2Do

Hello all,

I am new to this forum so please excuse me if this has been asked and answered. I am finishing a restore on a
1980 Corvette. The problem I am having is trying to locate the wellnuts that hold the rear shade onto the
body. These are the little rubber bushing with thread on the inside. I have looked all over and called a few hundered Corvette shops and am having no luck. I located some on the web out of Canada, but they want a $100.00 min order. If anyone knows where to get these please drop me a line...OR if you have a way to
attach this shade I am open to any and all suggestions. I would just put a bolt and nut and bushing, but I cannot get my arm up to the hole...

Thanks in Advance,
Nutinelse2do (aka RJ )

nutinelse2do@yahoo.com

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
well nuts

Welcome Nutin,

When I was in GM parts, years ago, well nuts were a parts dept staple as they are used all over on all lines of GM cars and trucks. Have you been to your Chevy dealer?

Tom

N

NutinElse2Do

Tom,

Thanks so very much, I just showed your reply to my wife and cannot believe I have not even called one dealer!

I will be making a stop first thing in the morning to see what happens...I appreciate the simple answers...

Guess some of the hardest questions have the simplest answers.. I will let you know..:D

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
I hope they still stock them like they used to. There were more than one size as they even used them on Shark luggage racks.

Tom

N

NutinElse2Do

Tom,

Unreal, looked in my assembly manual, found the part number...342271 looked on line and I will be damned but it looks like they might still be available.. Thanks again...:D

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
Glad to help.
Tom:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom