Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wesley's wheel cleaner...

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
I'd like to start off with a special thanks to Tom Bryant for recommending this product to me a few weeks ago.

This is an excellent product and I must admit that I'm one of the guilty ones who doesn't take great care of ones wheels. But this took all the break dust and ugly grime stuff off.

Thanks Tom!:beer

Tom would know those things... Wesley's products have been around longer than us, and we're older than dirt! :L

_ken :w

Here's an idea. I use it and it works real well. Clean the wheels really well and then dry them. Polish if you want to, and after dry, spray PAM cooking spray on them. When you use your brakes, the dust sticks to the PAM and all you have to do is hose them off. Works real well on my 82 rims.

Hello Mr Bullwinkle!!!! I noticed that you also have a 35th Anniv like myself. I swear by the Westleys stuff too and use it faithfully on my other cars. However if you still have your original white wheels on your car I would refrain from using it. The chemicals in the Westleys will eventually tarnish the original white finish and turn them a shade of yellow. Cleaning those white wheels is a pain in the a... After washing the car I usually clean the wheels with of all things...Turtle Wax scratch and swirl remover. Its a lengthy process but the wheels look like they were when the car was new!!! Every stain is gone and its brighter than Julia Roberts smile!! The PAM idea sounds interesting. I might have to try that one. :upthumbs

MRANT,

I do still have the white wheels on mine, but some of the paint seems to be fading. I just assumed that it was a normal wear thing, I do have 91,000 on the clock. I was considering getting them repainted, but that's down the road further. I don't think it's the Wesley's because I just started using Wesley's less than a month ago.

BTW, what is our gear ratio on our 35th's???

According to my build sheet its a 2.59 axle ratio. My car is a Z52 equipped auto trans version. The Z51 option with the 4+3 manual had a 3.08. Pretty much says why the car has a serious top end and gets great gas mileage. Hope all is well!!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom