Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What a deal!

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
I thought I might post this to raise discussion and also maybe someone will see it and be interested.

If it looks clean, what do you feel the real value of this car is? I read somewhere that C4's that may hold value, would be the pace cars, and the anniversary cars, not to mention the GS and ZR-1.

So check it out if you wish: http://auto-rv.com/browse.aspx?AdName=CI5090339

Craig

I thought I might post this to raise discussion and also maybe someone will see it and be interested.

If it looks clean, what do you feel the real value of this car is? I read somewhere that C4's that may hold value, would be the pace cars, and the anniversary cars, not to mention the GS and ZR-1.

So check it out if you wish: http://auto-rv.com/browse.aspx?AdName=CI5090339

Craig

The price seems fair to me. The miles are really good, but the paint will cost big $$ to fix right. The yellow '86 Pace cars are the ones that collectors want...

Paint (especially clear coat) can be redone but the real problem may be the windshield. I don't know if it's date coded, but if it is you would have to find a similarly coded replacement. Collectors and NCRS types tend to be very anal about these things (just look through the C1 and C2 sections.)

Otherwise, given the mileage, the price isn't too far out of line as long as you're not planning to make a lot of money on it.

price is asking, actual negotiated sale should fall in line with what this doll is worth...'original' tires are dangerous at even normal highway speeds due to age...windshields ''wear out'' from grit blasting in normal use at 50-60k , really a ''maintenance'' item (condolences to ncrs types)...low miles are a big plus...would look at it ''up close and personal'' myself except that i am looking for another coupe.

buying ANY car in hopes of making money on it is a poor investment...unless you can buy at ''wholesale'' and sit on it till a ''retail'' buyer walks in...there are dozens of ''million-dollar-ferryairies'' sitting in cold storage, owned by ''investment groups'' that will never even recoup the original purchase fig...if YOU enjoy the car, go for it, economics assures that there will never be c4's produced again in this country.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom