Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are the best stock heads?

vetteKID

Corvette
74 L-48 coupe & 85 454 coupe
i just started in the chevy world, and i was just wondering what were the best Hipo SB chevy heads that werent vortec. and whats the best bang for the buck heads?

What's up KID,

You plan on swapping out the cam as well...in most cases, just a head swap isn't going to do it for you.

I just finished my 355 build up and I used a set of Edelbrock performers....but I also had them flow tested and corrected to within 2 cfm of each port. I am also using a Comp. Cams 270H Magnum cam.

Sumitt sells a Trick Flow kit (Heads, cam,...the whole nine yards) for around $1400. Get the catalog it is a good start.

Scott

Kid,
the Air Flow Reasearch heads out flow anything on the market. they are the best bang for the buck in my book. lots of room for improvements later on down the line is the big selling point for me. they are a couple hundred more than Edelbrock and Trick flow, but you won't have to have them ported and that saves you money. as far as Chevy heads, the fast burns are pretty good for 350's but are limited with bigger displacements. you can get a good set of iron heads for around $800 or step up to aluminum for $1100. a cam and exhaust is needed to take advantage of the new found breathing ability, so keep that in mind, Brian

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom