Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What are these Kelsey Hayes worth at auction?

KOPBET

Corvette
'73 Silver LS4 4 speed
Two different sets of 15x8 Kelseys. One 4 rim set with caps, sans tires. One with some pretty good old Firestone GR70-15 QRZs but only one cap (pics not that great, wheels kinda dirty).

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

Ecklers gets about $900 for the set, I beleive they are repros.

I have a matched set of five originals with good tires, I am curious about price as well.

If they're in good shape, $75 each would be reasonable. The 80-82 aluminum wheels are supposed to be lighter than the earlier wheels.

:)

I realized my question may be misleading, so to be more clear I should ask what a reasonable price to PAY at auction would be.

These rims are available at a local auction this weekend. Thought I might bid on them and see how it goes.

LOL....OH......that DOES make a difference! I just bought a set of ralleys with rings, centercaps, and tires for $100. I bought a set of 4 aluminum (no tires) in decent shape for $75, and sold them for $250. It depends on the buyer and the seller. If there is another C3 guy at the auction, he may outbid you, but just a Chevy guy would more than likely back down after about $100, I would think. Myself, I wouldn't pay more than $150 for the set.

LOL....OH......that DOES make a difference! I just bought a set of ralleys with rings, centercaps, and tires for $100. I bought a set of 4 aluminum (no tires) in decent shape for $75, and sold them for $250. It depends on the buyer and the seller. If there is another C3 guy at the auction, he may outbid you, but just a Chevy guy would more than likely back down after about $100, I would think. Myself, I wouldn't pay more than $150 for the set.

Sorry for the confusion. I posted while in a hurry.

There is another set like the middle set pic with amazingly good Firestone 500s on them but only one rim has a center cap (shown in the bottom pic).

The Firestone 500 tires were recalled early 1978 because of safety reasons. If someone has a 76 or 77 that wants to show there cars nationally then these are the tires to have. I have heard of people putting complete sets together from spares. I have seen them go with the YJ8 rims and the Firestone 500 tires for around $500.00.
If one was to purchase these tires and try to turn them for a profit I would inform a prospected buyer of the safety concerns related to the recall back in 1978 just to CYOA.
Brian

I remember those Firestone 500's from back then, they had a nasty habit of shredding at highway speed

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom