Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What CAI are you guy's running

BLACKTALON

Corvette
1994 ADMARIAL BLUE Z-51 COUPE
Hey guy's what kind of intake are you all running? Its a couple to choose from just wondered.I run the SLP Tri claw.A guy on the forum tested 3 types and the Tri claw neted a avg of 8hp over the others.

1 Slp tri claw
2 cut lid K&N
3 stock wit K&N

On my 87, SLP's L98 CAI
On my son's '92 - SLP Claw

What I sell... SLP (I won't sell what I won't believe in or use).

I hope this answers your question :)

r.e what type of filter!

BLACKTALON said:
Hey guy's what kind of intake are you all running? Its a couple to choose from just wondered.I run the SLP Tri claw.A guy on the forum tested 3 types and the Tri claw neted a avg of 8hp over the others.

1 Slp tri claw
2 cut lid K&N
3 stock wit K&N

hi there blacktalon,
i am running a straight thru coupler with k&n filter with a/o engineering forced air scoop/defuser-coupling hose to filter box!
works very well!
infact at idle you can hear at the front sucking in the air like a shooooo.
more beneficial at higher speeds though!
but works and looks real well!
cheers
glen
sxyvet
Australia

BLACKTALON said:

1 Slp tri claw
2 cut lid K&N
3 stock wit K&N

I'm using the SLP Claw and MagnaFlow exhaust. In these tests you mention, was there any other modifications to help the CAI obtain that extra HP?

Blu ByU said:
I'm using the SLP Claw and MagnaFlow exhaust. In these tests you mention, was there any other modifications to help the CAI obtain that extra HP?

No the test was on a 94/95 ZR1,cant remember the exact year.The test was taken on a dynojet dyno,with all pulls at the 190 temp on the car.and forced air useing a fan.Three pulls a piece a the SLP had the advantage.

SLP "Claw" here as well...:beer

Another SLP Claw. The build quality is unmatched with any other system I've seen.

Greg

Legion21 said:
Another SLP Claw. The build quality is unmatched with any other system I've seen.

Greg

I might add Greg's Claw replaced a Vortex Rammer (complete POS, and I refuse to sell them now).

AdvancedAutoCC said:
I might add Greg's Claw replaced a Vortex Rammer (complete POS, and I refuse to sell them now).[/quote

I saw a guy on the forum that stated the best place to mount a Vortex Rammer and then had a pic of the recycle bin :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom