Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What is the most erroneous claim you have ever heard about your car??

*89x2*

Seems there is quite a bit of mis-information about the Callaways over the years and while we as a group have done a great job with the use of this forum and the www.callawayownersgroup.com website, a lot has changed over the years. :cool

Some of the most interesting I have heard, are where people thought my car was the Sledgehammer, or thought the intercoolers were the turbos :ugh

So what some things you have been told, or otherwise heard??? ;shrug

I haven't located the quote yet, but there was someone claiming the Sledgehammer was a Camaro somewhere. :eyerole

AT A CAR SHOW I WAS CLEANING MY "LM" AND A MAN WALKED UP WITH HIS FAMILY; HE TOLD HIS FAMILY THAT THIS IS THE NEW VIPER!
:)

;LOL;LOL;LOLOhhhhh that was good! ;LOL

Took the Speedster to a little show for fun here locally a few weeks back. As I was pulling in I passed a guy and girl walking together, and overheard her ask him what it was. His reply?

"That's just one of those old body kits a guy named Callaway used to do for Corvettes.'

Took the Speedster to a little show for fun here locally a few weeks back. As I was pulling in I passed a guy and girl walking together, and overheard her ask him what it was. His reply?

"That's just one of those old body kits a guy named Callaway used to do for Corvettes.'

;LOL Envy, it isn't becoming :crazy

At the Palm Beach Supercar Weekend recently is was called the Sledgehammer by at least a half dozen people that I overheard.

It has been called the new C6

I have heard of the intercoolers referred to as the turbo's and the tears drops having aerodynamic (air disruption) properties.

:D

-Luigi
:cool

I got "is that the Sledgehammer?" as I was pumping gas a couple months ago.

and "is that the new corvette?" just a few years ago.

...it is pretty cool that the Sledgehammer seems to be one of the most recognized cars/shapes ever to be on the road :cool

There are far worse things in life, to be mistaken for :D

Good stuff!!!:beer

...it is pretty cool that the Sledgehammer seems to be one of the most recognized cars/shapes ever to be on the road :cool

There are far worse things in life, to be mistaken for :D

Good stuff!!!:beer

VIPER!:mad

LMAO John had perfect timing with that one! ;LOL

I was at a car show once where there was a ZR-1 with a Callaway Aerobody. Someone was asking me questions on my '87 and pointed to the ZR-1 and said "There's a REAL Callaway". :eyerole I just love it when others know more about my car than I do.

I was at a car show once where there was a ZR-1 with a Callaway Aerobody. Someone was asking me questions on my '87 and pointed to the ZR-1 and said "There's a REAL Callaway". :eyerole I just love it when others know more about my car than I do.

That's awful :crazy

I remembered another time, when the 2002 Z06 w/ 405hp came out, this guy came by my car at a show w/ his adult daughter and said to her, "this car is almost as fast as my car. The Z06 is the fastest Corvette ever built" ;squint:

A year or so later, she came by my car at another place and with her boyfriend in tow, she said how beautiful my (red Aero) Callaway was - wonder if I should have told her dad ;LOL

I WAS AT A LOCAL WASH AND SHINE SHOW WITH MY 89 TT. I KEEP A CHROME FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THE CAR ON THE CONSOLE. I WAS SITTING IN A CHAIR BEHIND THE CAR WHEN I HEARD A DAD EXPLAIN TO HIS TEENAGE SON, THAT NOT ONLY WAS THE CAR A TWIN TURBO BUT THE CAR ALSO HAD NITROUS I GUESS HE DIDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND NITROUS:)

That's awful :crazy

I remembered another time, when the 2002 Z06 w/ 405hp came out, this guy came by my car at a show w/ his adult daughter and said to her, "this car is almost as fast as my car. The Z06 is the fastest Corvette ever built" ;squint:

A year or so later, she came by my car at another place and with her boyfriend in tow, she said how beautiful my (red Aero) Callaway was - wonder if I should have told her dad ;LOL

I can verify that the only thing a stock Z06 knows about a Callaway is this view....quickly fading :L :L :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom