Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your favorite wheel on a Callaway?

What is your favorite wheel on a Callaway? (multiple choice poll)

• DYMAGS

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Callaway Run Flats

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • OZ's (as installed on late 91 B2K's)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • OZ's (other styles)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Speedline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 87 Stock wheels

• "ZR1" 5 spokes

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • "Tagged & Bagged" the originals (...Choose one of the other styles)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • AZEV

• A.R.E.

• Stock Corvette wheels from other years

• Fikse FM5

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • RW Magnesium wheels

• HRE

• Total voters

*89x2*

What are your favorite wheels on a Callaway?

I know some have said the only wheel that belongs on a Callaway are Dymags, while others have said what came on the car, stays on the car...

Just curious what you prefer

- It will open it to multiple choices as one option include is the "Bagged & Tagged" option for those who have removed their original wheels and replaced them with something else I have also seen other Corvette wheels (88/89 stock & z06) on B2K's - esp. on 87's to gain the benefits of the larger wheels...

Enjoy! :beer

**If you have a choice not shown in the post above, put in your reply, the type and I will add the choice to the poll - Thanks :)

I don't know about you fellas, but HRE's rims are top-notch! I mentioned this earlier but some Fikse or HRE's will definitely put some spice into your rides. I voted for the classic/simple Fikse FM/5's! The Dymags are fine but nothing like putting extra icing on the cake!

Johnny

Vote count ???????

Just wondering if you can only vote once because the total shows 18 votes and if you count them you come up with 21 votes ;shrug

Dymags!

Although I think Dymags can look a little "plain" they suit the car well - must be something to do with the width & nice deep rims.

There is another stye of Dymag that I've seen fitted aftermarket to vettes and especially ZR1s where they're even more dished. I prefer that style but I think my car looks goos as it is.

BTW we're at a real "unsprung weight" advantage with magnesium wheels so it might seem like a backward step to fit aluminum wheels...

I agree. The Dymags suit the Callaway well and really fill the wheel wells right to the lip of the fender. They are not my favorite wheel, just my favorite wheel on a Callaway.... Especially an Aerobody.

90Callaway said:
I agree. The Dymags suit the Callaway well and really fill the wheel wells right to the lip of the fender. They are not my favorite wheel, just my favorite wheel on a Callaway.... Especially an Aerobody.
I agree with this. I love the dymags. I think if you look at a pic of just the wheel its not strikingly gorgeous. But on the car, even a stock bodied one, the wheel just looks sweet.

I love the Fikse's on Mangusta's ZR1 Aero car. I would also like to see a Speedster with some HRE's or 19" CCW 5 spokes...just to see what it would look like.

But for me if I could have an extra set of any wheels it'd be the Dymags, Id even take some second design ones.

Reeves's current favorite

RW Magnesiums.He just put them on his wife's birthday suprise a while back.

Anyone have pics of the last speedster (Reeve's wife's) when it was completed with the wheels?

On a C4 "Legacy" Callaway, Dymags are a must. However, on newer Callaway's the door is open :beer

i10fwy

Dymags for sure. My favorite C4 aftermarket wheel.
I currently have....

4 1987 B2K 16" Dymags with original finish and decals FOR SALE
4 GenII 17x9.5's
3 GenII 17x11's
2 GenII 17x13's One of three sets ever made.

Need to buy another set of GenI's someday.....

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom